H.O.P.E. means Helping Other People Eat
In west Michigan, 1 out of every 5 children doesn’t get enough affordable, nutritious food to eat. We are addressing this problem through hands-on garden education and awareness.
In 2021, with the support of partners and donors, we were able to . . .
Deliver remote garden lessons and garden activity kits for 600 students
Extend our reach to 44 additional students at two new schools - Godwin Middle and Godfrey Early Childhood Center
Donate more than 2,500 plants to schools, families, and their communities
Provide garden education for students in 15 schools
Collaborate with 10 local organizations to promote food sovereignty and education
Donations of all sizes make a difference!
- $300 will provide heirloom plants and seeds for one school garden
- $250 will provide a Seed-Saving Kit and Lesson for one classroom
- $100 will provide a Harvest Party or Spring Celebration for one class
- $50 will provide plants for one school butterfly garden
- $25 will provide plants and seeds for one home garden for a student and their family
Or consider a recurring gift! For only $15/month, you can sponsor one student, which will provide them with hands-on garden education, supplies, and activities.
H.O.P.E. Gardens focuses on areas where access, finances, and time are barriers to people eating healthy and affordable food.